Thousands of dollars are spent every year on hair removal. From shaving to waxing, countless hours are wasted over pesky hairs. Do-it-yourself hair removal kits, creams and waxes are a staple in drug stores. However, the costs add up and the results are not always ideal. These over-the-counter options often leave users with ingrown hairs and damaged skin. Laser Hair Removal is the best and only permanent hair removal solution. solves multiple problems in as little as six sessions. When investing your time and money into your body, you need the best dermatologists to make sure all your goals are met. At Milan Medical Spa located in Mesa, Arizona, each patient is provided with individual treatment that is specific to their needs.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is an FDA-approved skin treatment that removes hair and stops it from growing back. Milan Medical Spa uses the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal system. The laser head glides over targeted areas and emits wavelengths that are attracted to dark pigmented hairs. The laser finds these hairs, targets the melanin in the hair shaft and destroys the root of the hair. After six sessions, most patients’ hair have completely stopped growing in treated areas.
- Upper Lip
- Bikini (female only)
- Brazilian (female only)
Why Get Laser Hair Removal?
Even after just one session, Laser Hair Removal can save you hours of time and stress. Immediately following the treatment hairs will begin to fall out as the follicle has been disrupted. Weeks later, when the hair begins to grow back, the hairs are encouraged to grow in finer and lighter. After five to eight sessions about 90 percent of patients have had hair stopped growing completely in the treated area. Even if you decide to try just one treatment, one session is far cheaper than the monthly stipend you use on razors, shaving cream and waxing. It is an excellent investment that is extremely convenient, quick, and almost entirely painless.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
The laser works by honing in on hairs of a darker pigment. Laser hair removal is more effective for the patient if there is a high contrast between the skin’s melanin and the hair’s melanin. A high contrast such as light skin and dark hair makes it easier for the laser to find the darker pigmented hairs. IPL is less effective on those with lighter complexions and lighter hair.
Who Is Not An Ideal Candidate?
Laser Hair Removal is not the perfect treatment for everyone. Patients who apply to the following should talk to a specialist at Milan Medical Spa about their options:
- Patients who are consistently exposed to sun tanning
- Patients who use a fake tanner consistently
- Patients who have light skin and light hair
- Patients who have grey or blond hair in the targeted area
How to Prepare for IPL Treatment:
- Do not pluck or wax the treatment area for at least a month prior to your FIRST laser hair removal appointment. Waxing and plucking remove the root of the hair. The root must be intact so the laser can target it.
- Keep in mind that you are not allowed to pluck or wax for the entire duration of your treatment (typical treatments are 5 individual appointments over the span of 5-6 months.)
- Facial hair treatments (such as bleaching) should be discontinued at least a month before the first treatment.
- Tanning should be discontinued at least a month before the first treatment.
- Patients are advised to shave the targeted area the day before or the day of each appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, you will arrive at our comfortable state-of-the-art facility in Mesa, Arizona. You will be led to a private treatment room.
- A cooling gel will be applied to the treatment area to protect your skin.
- Our expert aestheticians will adjust the laser settings based on your hair’s thickness, color, and the location of the treatment area.
- The aesthetician will treat a portion of the area as a test and make further adjustments based on how your skin reacts and your personal comfort level.
- The laser’s treatment range is about the size of a quarter per second. Smaller areas like hair on the upper lip or eyebrows can be treated in as little as a minute. Larger areas like the legs or back can take up to an hour.
- Most patients tolerate the pain extremely well, comparing the sensation to the snap of a rubberband on the skin.
The treated area might be red or a little inflamed immediate after treatment, depending on your skin sensitivity. The aesthetician may apply aloe vera or Vaseline to the area to coat and moisturize it. Patients may notice hair falling out over the next three weeks. There is no down time required, and most patients continue with their day as usual. Patients are advised to refrain from tanning during treatment.
Why Choose Milan Medical Spa?
Milan Medical Spa houses the best dermatologists and aestheticians in Arizona. The specialists here are focused on patient health and satisfaction and delivering optimal results.
Over-the-counter hair removal procedures are unsupervised, and can damage your skin and hair follicles. Along with possible risk of future skin damage, these same products add up to cost more than the entire laser hair removal process. Those with darker skin or pre-existing skin conditions can benefit from individual attention from a qualified doctor. With the help of the best aestheticians at Milan Medical Spa, you can say goodbye to unwanted hair forever.
*A test is required prior to arranging an appointment. Please call 480.668.5000 ext. 324 for more information.